For the best hookah experience prep your Hekkpipe the right way
How to set up hookah the right way? This manual gives you detailed overview on how to prepare Hekkpipe hookahs. You can use tips and trick from this manual to improve your knowledge on setting up some other shisha which you have. Just be aware that each hookah acts a bit differently.
Example instructions based on Active & Deluxe User Manual
If you do not wish to download PDF and wish to see from the website, then read on.
Take the hookah apart.
Fill the bottle half full of cold water.
250 ml or 8.5 oz is perfect.
- When the water gets into the hose, lift the hookah up and pour the water out of the hose.
- If you don’t hear the bubbling sound when smoking, add some water to the bottle.
- You can add ice to the bottle to get tasty, cool smoke.
Screw on the stem and attach the hose.
Guide the hose through the back of the wooden box onto the hose port of the hookah stem.
Use the needle to pull pieces of tobacco into the bowl.
This way you keep the pincers clean of tobacco to easily light the coal.
Tobacco Pro tips:
- Shred the chunks of tobacco into smaller pieces so heat can strike the tobacco more evenly. Bake the tobacco, do not burn it.
- Don’t pack the tobacco above the holes on the center vortex bowl to leave a space between the foil and the tobacco. This also keeps the holes clean of burnt tobacco.
- Use only fresh and wet tobacco as dried tobacco will burn your throat.
Wrap the Bowl with 9 layers of tinfoil.
Since Hekkpipe’s magical safety cone reflects back heat, it’s a good idea to use more layers of tinfoil to prevent the tobacco from burning.
9 layers give you lots of smoke without burning the tobacco 😉
This is the most important part in this how to set up hookah manual!
Poke 30 - 50 holes.
Pierce the area marked in blue to get good airflow.
Keep the holes rather small, so you do not mix your tobacco with ash.
Place the Bowl on the hookah bottle.
Place the bowl tightly and make sure the bottle touches the inner back wall of the box.
Light the coal and place it on the Bowl.
- When using quick-lighting charcoal, hold the coal with hookah tongs while igniting it.
- Natural coal needs a lot more exposure to heat to get it red hot. A stove, torch or a fireplace will do the trick.
- What coal is right for Hekkpipe? Check out from out blog post.
Coal Pro tips:
- To better regulate the heat, break the charcoal into pieces or use smaller natural coal. You will get the best smoke when using ¾ of a full round of coal at once.
- When you are using quick-lighting charcoal, then don’t place the coal pieces on the foil until they have finished sparkling and are red hot all over
Close gently the front cover and enjoy your hookah session.
Pro tips for the perfect session:
- Never smoke with the front cover open as the safety cone can’t hold the hot coal in place.
- If the smoke gets harsh, blow carefully into the hose to ventilate. You can also do this to get fresh smoke. If you blow too hard, you might push water into the bowl and ruin your session.
- To move the coal around on the bowl, just tilt your Hekkpipe, up to 45 degrees. It is a good idea to do this after every 5 minutes so that the tobacco heats evenly.